We are always giving our musical gifts back to God and those around us to spread His Word! Here are the 2019 events so far
Thank you for all your help and generosity for the Mustard Seed Shelter
- “The Way of the Cross” Silhouette Stations of the Cross set to the music written by Ron Haeske Friday, April 12th, 2019 at 7:00pm at St John Vianney – FREE
- HYMN SING and Spring Concert! Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 at 7:00pm
- Join our musicians and singers in song and listen to some of the talents of our accomplished musicians! FREE EVENT – Bring Your Friends
- JAZZ ON JEFFERSON! Wednesday, June 5th, 2019 at 6pm JAM (Jesus and Music Praise Band) to play for JAZZ ON JEFFERSON! at the Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption – Stop by to Rock it Out with Praise and Worship by: JAM
OTHER EVENTS WE HAVE DONE…..
- Night of Praise and Worship with J.A.M. Jesus and Music Praise Band – Friday, April 5th, 2019 at 7:30pm at St John Vianney. This year Free Will Donations benefitted The Mustard Seed Shelter for the Homeless of Saginaw. Through your generosity, this year we raised $3700! Our JAM nites have now raised over $17,000 for worthy causes like the Toni and Trish House for the terminally Ill and Area 22 Special Olympics and Youth Ministry. This is an ecumenical concert and the music covers many songs you’d hear on any Christian Station. The Newsboys, Chris Tomlin, Lincoln Brewster, Michael W. Smith, Casting Crowns, Third Day, Steve Angrisano, Tom Booth, Ron Haeske and so many more! Check us out on Facebook! JAM Jesus and Music Praise Band
- TAIZE – an ecumenical, contemplative musical prayer service in a candle light setting. A Taizé worship service involves sung and chanted prayers, meditation, a period of silence, liturgical readings, and icons. There is no preaching. The style of prayer practiced at Taizé has attracted many worshipers from around the globe and from many different denominations. The prayers consist of “short chants, repeated again and again,” according to an introduction in a Taizé songbook. “The words are sung over many times.” Advent and Lent
- JOURNEY TO THE CASTLE OF THE SOUL.…..A Contemplative Musical Prayer written by Tony Alonso and Liam Lawton.
- SPECIAL GUEST ARTISTS –
- Amanda Vernon: http://amandavernon.com we hosted Amanda for a wonderful prayer and praise concert in 2014
- Sarah Hart: Sunday, March 12th 2017 at 4pm – cost $10 Sarah is on of the leading figures in contemporary Catholic music today. Her signature blend of folk, pop, and rock delights listeners of all ages. She boasts 9 albums as a solo artist and often co-writes with artists like Curtis Stephen, Steve Angrisano and Jessee Manibusan. Her songs have been covered by Amy Grant, Celtic Women, Matt Maher, Jason Crabb and The Newboys. Sarah was invited to perform for Pope Francis a crowd of 150,000 in St. Peter’s Square.