What are the Basics of Stewardship?
God’s Give of Time
- Life expectancy in the U.S. hit a record high of 78.8 years. That means that on average, God has given each of us 945.6 months, or 28,762 days, or 690,288 minutes of life here on earth.
- What are you doing with your time to give back to God?
God’s Gift of Talent
- Each of us have been blessed by God with various talents. It is God’s expectation that we use these talents to do God’s work, to make the world a better place, and to serve each other in a manner that God has commanded us
- What are you doing with your talent to give back to God?
God’s Gift of Treasure
- We use our God given Time and Talent to gain Treasure. The treasure we accumulate is not only to support our families, and ourselves but more importantly, to do the work that God asks us to do. This work involves supporting others and supporting God’s church.
- Are you given a portion of your Treasure back to God?
Guidance for Catholic Stewardship is provided through a Pastoral letter, provided by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. This letter is available by the following link:
Stewardship – A Disciples Response – U.S. Bishops’ Pastoral Letter on Stewardship
Tithing – This is a link either back to the Tithing section of the SJV Website or to a tithing page of the Stewardship section